Designed by Waldemar Aspelin in 1914 as a school and library for blind children in Helsinki. The text on the wall in the main photo above reads ‘Ljus åt de blinda’ (Light for the blind).
The text above reads ‘Bibliotek för blinda’ and ‘Sokeiden Kirjasto’ (Library for the blind).
The original address in 1906 was Eläintarhantie 7 (which is why there is a big 7) but today the street address is Eläintarhantie 18.
“Kruununhaka is the original heart of old Helsinki”Helsinki Art Nouveau – an illustrated guide