Punavuori is home to mid- to late-period Jugendstil buildings.
This is the headquarters of the Otava Publishing company, founded in 1890. The architects were Karl Lindahl and Walter Thomé.
Although all part of one complex, this was built in separate stages. The first was Number 10 (the mostly stone building with the large doorway), which was built in 1906.
The success of the company meant that an extension at Number 12 (the right-hand side) was completed in 1908.
“Expect to find lots geometric line and small pockets of ornamentation.”Helsinki Art Nouveau Jugendstil – an illustrated guide