‘Vltava’ Elielinaukio 2

'Vltava' Elielinaukio 2
‘Vltava’
Elielinaukio 2
Kluuvi
Helsinki
Finland

1910

Known as ‘Vltava’, because of its restaurant, this building was built as an auxiliary railway building alongside the main station, and built several years earlier.

Completed in 1910 and designed by architect Bruno Granholm. It was once a much larger building but eventually demolished section by section, leaving just this main building now.

'Vltava' Elielinaukio 2
'Vltava' Elielinaukio 2
'Vltava' Elielinaukio 2
'Vltava' Elielinaukio 2

“The Vltava restaurant inside this building is named after the Vltava river, which runs through Prague and Czechia.”

Helsinki Art Nouveau Jugendstil – an illustrated guide

%d bloggers like this: